- Modelling of the Earth’s space radiation environment using Monte Carlo simulation
considering a proper 3D model of the atmosphere and geomagnetic field and cosmic
radiation inputs from solar or Galactic origins. This study will provide important information
and understanding of the space radiation phenomena like radiation belts, South Atlantic
- Study of high energy radiation and energy deposition profile in the Earth’s atmosphere due
to cosmic radiation from different sources.
- Dosimetric study in the human body at different space radiation environments like: at aviation
altitude, low Earth orbit, deep space, lunar and martian surface etc.
- Development of a (web-based) infrastructure to calculate the radiation environment and
radiation dose in humans at different space radiation environments.
- Instrumentation for the measurement of atmospheric and extraterrestrial radiation using
ground-based, balloon-borne and space-based observation.
Dr. Ritabrata Sarkar